We are pleased to announce that starting 27th July 2020, the Penang Japanese Language Society will be resuming lessons on premises. In adherence to government regulations, all students are requested to register their names, contact numbers, and body temperature at the office every time before proceeding to their respective classrooms. Students are also reminded to obey “new normal” social distancing measures. Wearing of masks is encouraged. Moving forward, new intakes will have enrollments not exceeding 20 persons. For students of existing classes which already have student enrollments that exceed 20 persons, please make sure you contact your respective teachers to rearrange the lesson times to meet the 20 person max per session criteria. Thank you for your cooperation.
Dear members and followers of the Penang Japanese Language Society: in response to inquiries about online classes by our students, we would like to provide guidance regarding our current policy:
Teachers who were holding classes that were suspended as a result of the MCO are permitted to conduct online classes to finish the syllabus with following conditions:
- 100% of all students attending that specific intake have mutually agreed in writing or electronic communications to continue classes online.
- The teacher conducting the class shall be responsible for taking attendance, and must report accordingly to the Society.
- Teachers and students are allowed to use any online platform that is mutually agreed upon. Reasonable precautions should be taken by both teachers and students to ensure the platform chosen provides adequate data privacy and security for all the users involved. The Society shall not be held liable for any breaches that occur as a result of usage of the said platform.
- Both teachers and students must be adequately proficient in the usage of their chosen online platform to ensure lessons are conducted without interruption. Common online etiquette should be adhered to allow for a smooth experience.
- For students of ongoing intakes, please contact your teachers for further details.
Regarding new intakes:
Until government regulations specifically allow for the education sector to commence physical operations, there will be no new intakes, whether physically or online. This decision was made in consideration for the logistics involved in setting up a new class.
We regret to inform that the Japanese Language Proficiency Test 2020A scheduled for 5th July 2020 has been cancelled worldwide due to the COViD19 virus. All fees paid to the test administrator will be repaid in full. For more details, please refer to the announcement on the JLSM home page.
On the 16th of March 2020, the Malaysian Registrar of Societies instructed all registered organisations in the country to postpone any conferences or general assemblies until June 30, 2020. In compliance to this directive, all classes and planned group meetings of the Penang Japanese Language Society, including the Annual General Meeting scheduled for 22nd March 2020, shall be postponed until further notice. Teachers of all current ongoing classes have been advised to inform their enrolled students accordingly. Resumption of lessons and new intakes will be announced in due course once the situation improves. During this time however, the Society’s premises will still be open to provide support for other official matters that do not require group gatherings, such as that related to the registration of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). For such matters, visitors are reminded to abide by the policy posted on 12th March 2020 when conducting Society business.
During these trying times, please stay healthy, and practice good hygiene and social distancing measures recommended by our Ministry of Health. Let’s do our collective part to combat the spread of COVID19