We regret to inform that the Japanese Language Proficiency Test 2020A scheduled for 5th July 2020 has been cancelled worldwide due to the COViD19 virus. All fees paid to the test administrator will be repaid in full. For more details, please refer to the announcement on the JLSM home page.
On the 16th of March 2020, the Malaysian Registrar of Societies instructed all registered organisations in the country to postpone any conferences or general assemblies until June 30, 2020. In compliance to this directive, all classes and planned group meetings of the Penang Japanese Language Society, including the Annual General Meeting scheduled for 22nd March 2020, shall be postponed until further notice. Teachers of all current ongoing classes have been advised to inform their enrolled students accordingly. Resumption of lessons and new intakes will be announced in due course once the situation improves. During this time however, the Society’s premises will still be open to provide support for other official matters that do not require group gatherings, such as that related to the registration of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). For such matters, visitors are reminded to abide by the policy posted on 12th March 2020 when conducting Society business.
During these trying times, please stay healthy, and practice good hygiene and social distancing measures recommended by our Ministry of Health. Let’s do our collective part to combat the spread of COVID19
The Penang Japanese Language Society is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and evaluating the latest recommendations for public health officials. Our aim is to ensure we take thoughtful and measured actions that will keep our members and students safe while minimizing disruption to our activities. The following are our recommendations and guidelines for conducting business and attending lessons at PJLS:
- If you are feeling unwell and have any flu-like symptoms, please put on an appropriate face mask and go see a doctor. Please do not come to class. Take adequate rest and follow medical advice.
- If you, or someone in close contact to you has been placed on mandatory or voluntary self quarantine / isolation orders by the authorities or an employer, please refrain from coming to class for a minimum of 14 days from the start date of self quarantine.
- Please take appropriate self hygiene measures at all times, including washing hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after touching common surfaces. Alternatively, please use alcohol based hand sanitizers.
- If you have traveled to a known COVID hotspot in the recent past, e.g., Japan, China, South Korea, Singapore, Italy etc., please refrain from coming to class for a minimum of 14 days from arriving back in Malaysia
- Please refer to official / credible sources of the latest information and recommendations on what to do. A good place to start would be the Ministry of Health. Facebook and Social Media are NOT appropriate sources of medical advice.
- Please DO NOT circulate unsubstantiated rumours, quack cures and news of dubious origin relating to COVID-19 that you receive. You could cause panic or unintentionally harm someone with bad advice.
- Lastly please do not steal our toilet rolls 🙂
Please be informed that the Penang Japanese Language Society will be conducting its Annual General Meeting on 22nd of March 2020 (Sunday) 230 pm. Attendance of all registered members of the Society is much appreciated.
A new Elementary 1 class will commence on Tuesday, 11th February 2020. Lessons are twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7.30pm – 9.30pm). If your are interested to register in this class, kindly register your details in the following link:
Please refer to our FAQ for general course details and related information.
A new Elementary 2 class will commence on Wednesday, 5th February 2020. Lessons are twice a week, on Wednesdays (7.30pm – 9.30pm) and Sundays (10.00am – 12.00pm). Please refer to our FAQ for general course details and related information.
A new Intermediate 1 class will commence on Tuesday, 4th February 2020. Lessons are twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7.30pm – 9.30pm). Please refer to our FAQ for general course details and related information.
A new Conversation class will commence on Friday, 3rd January 2020 (originally starting on 27th December 2019). Lessons are once a week, on Fridays (7.30pm – 9.30pm). The fee for this class is RM310 for 16 lessons.
A new Elementary 1 class will commence on Monday, 16th December 2019. Lessons are twice a week, on Mondays (7.30pm – 9.30pm) and Wednesdays (7.30pm – 9.30pm). Please refer to our FAQ for general course details and related information.
A new Intermediate 1 class will commence on Friday, 6th December 2019. Lessons are twice a week, on Fridays (7.30pm – 9.30pm) and Sundays (1.30pm – 3.30pm). Please refer to our FAQ for general course details and related information.