Dear prospective candidates, please refer to the latest memo regarding the Dec 2021 edition of the JLPT. Please take note that this year, the Penang Test Centre will be the Penang Japanese Language Society premises and NOT DISTED College. To register online please visit www.jlsm.org
Due to the reinstatement of the MCO in Penang, we regret to inform you that there will be no classes conducted between 10th and 23rd May 2021. Accordingly, new intakes originally scheduled to start on 18th May will also be postponed until a new schedule can be confirmed. For students who have registered for the new classes, your instructors will be contacting you individually to explain further regarding your specific intakes. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please remember to socially distance and stay safe.
Based on the trajectory of current MCO developments, the Society has decided to allow resumption of classroom activities starting March 8th, 2021.
If you are already an enrolled student, your teacher will be contacting you in due course regarding the specific date of resumption.
For prospective students looking to register for new intakes, please look out for our announcements, which we will publish after 28th March, 2021
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
With deep concern over the safety of the candidates in view of the current development of the COVID-19 situation in Malaysia, it is with great regret that the organizers would to inform the public that the JLPT 2021A (July Paper) in Malaysia (i.e., Kuala Lumpur and Penang Test Centre) will be cancelled. Your understanding on this tough decision is highly appreciated. The organizers are fully aware of the importance of JLPT to most candidates. Hence, we are continuing efforts to ensure that the JLPT 2021B (December Paper) would be conducted as scheduled within the current instructions and guidelines / SOPs outlined by the authorities. Once again, our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused and stay safe.
For further enquiries:
Kuala Lumpur Test Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Penang Test Centre: email@example.com
We apologize for the delay in making this announcement as we were trying our best to find an alternative venue after the scheduled venue withdrew its permission at the last minute. After numerous unsuccessful attempts, we decided to use our premise to host the test. However, due to the capacity of our rooms and the required ‘social-distancing’ requirements under CMCO, we could only accommodate candidates from Level N1. Hence, regrettably we have to cancel the remaining levels (i.e., Level N2 to N5) in Penang. Your kind understanding would be very much appreciated.
N1 Candidates for Penang
- Support letters will be prepared and emailed to you within a week. If you have not received it by Wednesday November 25, 2020, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your kind cooperation in complying strictly to our SOP would be highly appreciated.
- Those who wish to withdraw from sitting the test, may apply for a refund completing by the withdrawal form ( https://forms.gle/QcVBF9DukHh5rCUL6 ).
N2, N3, N4 & N5 Candidates for Penang
We were equally as disappointed as you are over its cancellation. However, we sincerely seek your kind understanding that this decision was made to ensure that your safety is not compromised. We look very much forward to your participation again next year.
Please note that: –
- You will receive an email from us on the refund procedure. If you did not receive such email by November 23, 2020, please write to email@example.com.
- Request for transfer to sit the test at other test centres is not allowed.
Once again, our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.
Dear members / students, please take note that due to the recent spike in local COVID19 cases, we will suspend existing classes on premises until 6th December 2020. Please liaise with your respective teachers for further details.
We are pleased to announce that starting 27th July 2020, the Penang Japanese Language Society will be resuming lessons on premises. In adherence to government regulations, all students are requested to register their names, contact numbers, and body temperature at the office every time before proceeding to their respective classrooms. Students are also reminded to obey “new normal” social distancing measures. Wearing of masks is encouraged. Moving forward, new intakes will have enrollments not exceeding 20 persons. For students of existing classes which already have student enrollments that exceed 20 persons, please make sure you contact your respective teachers to rearrange the lesson times to meet the 20 person max per session criteria. Thank you for your cooperation.
Dear members and followers of the Penang Japanese Language Society: in response to inquiries about online classes by our students, we would like to provide guidance regarding our current policy:
Teachers who were holding classes that were suspended as a result of the MCO are permitted to conduct online classes to finish the syllabus with following conditions:
- 100% of all students attending that specific intake have mutually agreed in writing or electronic communications to continue classes online.
- The teacher conducting the class shall be responsible for taking attendance, and must report accordingly to the Society.
- Teachers and students are allowed to use any online platform that is mutually agreed upon. Reasonable precautions should be taken by both teachers and students to ensure the platform chosen provides adequate data privacy and security for all the users involved. The Society shall not be held liable for any breaches that occur as a result of usage of the said platform.
- Both teachers and students must be adequately proficient in the usage of their chosen online platform to ensure lessons are conducted without interruption. Common online etiquette should be adhered to allow for a smooth experience.
- For students of ongoing intakes, please contact your teachers for further details.
Regarding new intakes:
Until government regulations specifically allow for the education sector to commence physical operations, there will be no new intakes, whether physically or online. This decision was made in consideration for the logistics involved in setting up a new class.
We regret to inform that the Japanese Language Proficiency Test 2020A scheduled for 5th July 2020 has been cancelled worldwide due to the COViD19 virus. All fees paid to the test administrator will be repaid in full. For more details, please refer to the announcement on the JLSM home page.
On the 16th of March 2020, the Malaysian Registrar of Societies instructed all registered organisations in the country to postpone any conferences or general assemblies until June 30, 2020. In compliance to this directive, all classes and planned group meetings of the Penang Japanese Language Society, including the Annual General Meeting scheduled for 22nd March 2020, shall be postponed until further notice. Teachers of all current ongoing classes have been advised to inform their enrolled students accordingly. Resumption of lessons and new intakes will be announced in due course once the situation improves. During this time however, the Society’s premises will still be open to provide support for other official matters that do not require group gatherings, such as that related to the registration of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). For such matters, visitors are reminded to abide by the policy posted on 12th March 2020 when conducting Society business.
During these trying times, please stay healthy, and practice good hygiene and social distancing measures recommended by our Ministry of Health. Let’s do our collective part to combat the spread of COVID19