Please be informed that the Dec 2023 JLPT results will be available for viewing online from 22nd Jan 2024 onwards. For more details please visit www.jlsm.org
Please be informed that the July 2022 JLPT in Penang this year will be held at the following venue and time.
Test venue: Sentral College Penang, Penang Street.
Date: 3rd July 2022
N2 & N5: morning session, report at 9 am, Exam starts at 9.30 am.
N1, N3 & N4: afternoon session, report at 2 pm, Exam starts at 2.30 pm.
Dear prospective candidates, please refer to the latest memo regarding the Dec 2021 edition of the JLPT. Please take note that this year, the Penang Test Centre will be the Penang Japanese Language Society premises and NOT DISTED College. To register online please visit www.jlsm.org
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
With deep concern over the safety of the candidates in view of the current development of the COVID-19 situation in Malaysia, it is with great regret that the organizers would to inform the public that the JLPT 2021A (July Paper) in Malaysia (i.e., Kuala Lumpur and Penang Test Centre) will be cancelled. Your understanding on this tough decision is highly appreciated. The organizers are fully aware of the importance of JLPT to most candidates. Hence, we are continuing efforts to ensure that the JLPT 2021B (December Paper) would be conducted as scheduled within the current instructions and guidelines / SOPs outlined by the authorities. Once again, our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused and stay safe.
For further enquiries:
Kuala Lumpur Test Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Penang Test Centre: email@example.com
We apologize for the delay in making this announcement as we were trying our best to find an alternative venue after the scheduled venue withdrew its permission at the last minute. After numerous unsuccessful attempts, we decided to use our premise to host the test. However, due to the capacity of our rooms and the required ‘social-distancing’ requirements under CMCO, we could only accommodate candidates from Level N1. Hence, regrettably we have to cancel the remaining levels (i.e., Level N2 to N5) in Penang. Your kind understanding would be very much appreciated.
N1 Candidates for Penang
- Support letters will be prepared and emailed to you within a week. If you have not received it by Wednesday November 25, 2020, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your kind cooperation in complying strictly to our SOP would be highly appreciated.
- Those who wish to withdraw from sitting the test, may apply for a refund completing by the withdrawal form ( https://forms.gle/QcVBF9DukHh5rCUL6 ).
N2, N3, N4 & N5 Candidates for Penang
We were equally as disappointed as you are over its cancellation. However, we sincerely seek your kind understanding that this decision was made to ensure that your safety is not compromised. We look very much forward to your participation again next year.
Please note that: –
- You will receive an email from us on the refund procedure. If you did not receive such email by November 23, 2020, please write to email@example.com.
- Request for transfer to sit the test at other test centres is not allowed.
Once again, our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.
Dear members and followers of the Penang Japanese Language Society: in response to inquiries about online classes by our students, we would like to provide guidance regarding our current policy:
Teachers who were holding classes that were suspended as a result of the MCO are permitted to conduct online classes to finish the syllabus with following conditions:
- 100% of all students attending that specific intake have mutually agreed in writing or electronic communications to continue classes online.
- The teacher conducting the class shall be responsible for taking attendance, and must report accordingly to the Society.
- Teachers and students are allowed to use any online platform that is mutually agreed upon. Reasonable precautions should be taken by both teachers and students to ensure the platform chosen provides adequate data privacy and security for all the users involved. The Society shall not be held liable for any breaches that occur as a result of usage of the said platform.
- Both teachers and students must be adequately proficient in the usage of their chosen online platform to ensure lessons are conducted without interruption. Common online etiquette should be adhered to allow for a smooth experience.
- For students of ongoing intakes, please contact your teachers for further details.
Regarding new intakes:
Until government regulations specifically allow for the education sector to commence physical operations, there will be no new intakes, whether physically or online. This decision was made in consideration for the logistics involved in setting up a new class.
We regret to inform that the Japanese Language Proficiency Test 2020A scheduled for 5th July 2020 has been cancelled worldwide due to the COViD19 virus. All fees paid to the test administrator will be repaid in full. For more details, please refer to the announcement on the JLSM home page.
Please take note that the schedule for the JLPT in Penang will be as follows:
Date: 7th July 2019
Venue: DISTED College
340, Jalan Macalister, George Town, 10450 George Town, Pulau Pinang
N3, N5: 9am – 12pm
N1, N2, N4: 2pm – 6pm