Dear members and followers of the Penang Japanese Language Society: in response to inquiries about online classes by our students, we would like to provide guidance regarding our current policy:
Teachers who were holding classes that were suspended as a result of the MCO are permitted to conduct online classes to finish the syllabus with following conditions:
- 100% of all students attending that specific intake have mutually agreed in writing or electronic communications to continue classes online.
- The teacher conducting the class shall be responsible for taking attendance, and must report accordingly to the Society.
- Teachers and students are allowed to use any online platform that is mutually agreed upon. Reasonable precautions should be taken by both teachers and students to ensure the platform chosen provides adequate data privacy and security for all the users involved. The Society shall not be held liable for any breaches that occur as a result of usage of the said platform.
- Both teachers and students must be adequately proficient in the usage of their chosen online platform to ensure lessons are conducted without interruption. Common online etiquette should be adhered to allow for a smooth experience.
- For students of ongoing intakes, please contact your teachers for further details.
Regarding new intakes:
Until government regulations specifically allow for the education sector to commence physical operations, there will be no new intakes, whether physically or online. This decision was made in consideration for the logistics involved in setting up a new class.